he Andhra Pradesh Government launched multi-utility vehicle Naipunya Ratham or World on Wheels to bring technology to remote corners of the state. It was launched at State Secretariat in capital Amaravathi by Chief Minister N.Chandrababu Naidu.
ABOUT NAIPUNYA RATHAM
- The Naipunya Rathaam is a part of the Smart village Smart Ward Programme and will facilitate and improve digital literacy, digital skills and create awareness on various government schemes that are underway in Andhra Pradesh
- Also known as ‘World on Wheels’, it is aims at taking technology and innovation to the remote corners of Andhra Pradesh
- The first phase of the Naipunya Ratham launch will cover 13 districts and 28 smart villages in collaboration with Hewlett Packard (HP), Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India and Guide Foundation for Development
- World on Wheels Lab is a 20-seater bus with digital facilities and learning lab equipped with smart technology gadgets as well as with e-learning tools like HP Classroom Manager, HP Video Book and HP Life.
OBJECTIVE OF WORLD ON WHEELS
- Naipunya Ratham will cater to the needs of all the sections of the society, school children can avail technical and educational information while youth can use it for their skill development purposes
- It aims to create opportunities in underserved communities and empower people everywhere to build a better and more prosperous life
- Around 10 lakh people across the State will undergo skill development training in the year 2018-19 through this vehicle.
- The vehicle also possesses excellent system for entertainment purposes as well
NAIPUNYA RATHAM AS PART OF HP’S COMMITMENT TO PROMOTE DIGITAL LITERACY
World on Wheels is a part of HP’s commitment to build and deploy 48 Internet-enabled digital inclusion and learning labs in PPP model, aimed at driving digital literacy, E-education, Entrepreneurship training and other citizen services in rural India.
The government will soon roll out 12 more Naipunya Rathams in the State by May 2018.